In the Article Manager, click the New button.
Input Article Parameters
- Give the article a title. Leave the Alias field blank as it will be auto-generated and used to make the url of the page.
- Select the Category you wish the article to be a part of.
- Set the Published parameter as No until the article is finished and you wish it to be seen. Usually, articles will not be published to the Front Page (leave as No).
- If the author name is to be displayed, select the proper author or type in the author name in the Author Alias box.
- Set the Created Date and the Start Publishing Date. If you wish the article to expire after a certain date, set the Finish Publishing Date.
- Follow the directions in the Edit Your Article section to input your article.
- Finally, publish your article. This can be done from the Article Editor or in the Article Manager view of all articles by clicking the red circle with the x in the Published column.
Link Article to Menu
An article must be linked to by the Joomla CMS menu system in order to be seen.
- Go to Menus/Main Menu if you want the article linked from the Main Menu. This opens up the Menu Item Manager which gives a visual representation of the menu. Each menu item can be published or unpublished as well.
- To make a new menu item, click on the New button.
- To make a simple link to an article, click on the Select Menu Item Type, then on the Single Article link.
- In the ARticle Item form, enter the Title which will be the menu item text.
- Select the Parent Item of the new menu item.
- Select No for published until later.
- Under Required Settings, click the Select button and find the article you want to the menu item to link to.
- Click Save & Close to save your menu item.
- Back in the Menu Item Manager, make sure your menu item appears where you want it. If you want to move it in the menu, use the green arrows to move it up or down.
- When it is in the proper position, click the red circle in the Published column to publish it.